Monday, July 2, 2012

Back to School!

Today was my first day back at school! I have realized some things today...


1. I have 14 students in my classroom this year! Even though they are not the original 14 that I thought, I am still excited to get my students, meet them on Thursday and "figure them out!" As long as I am excited to meet them, I know that I am where I am supposed to be...every day!


2. It is nice to be in a school where you can ask for something that you need, and it is provided by many teachers...with a greeting and a smile. I haven't had the feeling of a team in a very long time! I am excited to start something new!


3. I still have a long way to go to get ready! But here is some of the stuff that I have done! 






This is one of my 5 domain boards-Rec and Leisure! I will focus on some future posts about the 5 domains, different activities that we do in our classroom to meet each domain, and why they are important for my students to be successful!








This is one of my favorite smaller boards...my I Can board. The 5 areas that I focused on for this year are: Write my name, Say the alphabet, cut with scissors, Skip and Get dressed. I will put a small class list next to each list and highlight student names as they meet each task. For the write my name area, students will get to put up a sample of their name. It is fun to see the students meet the different activities throughout the year!



This is one of my favorite boards in my classroom. First is the calendar area (it is all put up now). Then is my behavior chart for this year...I am adapting the above the line, below the line and bottom line chart! The third area is another domain board, and finally, an area for my "teacher stuff."




This board is also very exciting for me! It will turn into a choice board for my students...complete with monsters, pictures and library card holders, and student cards! I am very excited to finish this board tomorrow!











No comments:

Post a Comment