Thursday, June 14, 2012

Just Playing Around...

I am trying to figure out a new background for my blog...it is just a fun way for me to play...so I am looking around. Sorry for all of the changes. With that, it is time to get my new website out there...and also let people know about the change in name. 


I am sure you are asking...why the name change?


For me, that is EASY! The curriculum that I use is called BASICS. It is a life skills curriculum for students with moderate-severe disabilities. Our curriculum focuses on 5 domains: Functional Academics, Vocational, Recreation and Leisure, Domestic and Community. My students work on everything from letters and numbers, to how to interact with other adults, communication, learning about money, etc. As they get older, their curriculum begins to focus on the community and vocational domains for them...after all-my goal is to make them independent and a functional member of society!


So...I am going Back to the BASICS!

No comments:

Post a Comment