Monday, April 2, 2012

Our first day back...was...

Monday April 2, 2012

I am very happy to report that my first day back after a two week vacation went very well! Sometimes it is hard to tell...but we made it through.

And in our good day, I have created another project for my students to work on. We will work our way through it this week. 

We started by reading a very cute book called Ed's Egg by David Bedford. The book is about a little chick that does not want to leave his egg. 

Ed's Egg from QED Publishing




My students were excited because: 1) they know that Easter is on Sunday (it is on our calendar) and 2) Ed's Egg is blue with polkadots...obviously an Easter egg!

After reading this book, I told my students about a project that I saw somewhere...creating an egg that has an animal that hatches from an egg. So this will now turn into a week (if not two) project. We will read, write, list, compare, contrast...and finally make the art project. 

We will read (at least) 3  other books including: Chicken's Aren't the Only Ones, What's Inside? and the Happy Egg.

We will write about the different animals that we meet using sentence strips and other graphic organizers. 

We will list the variety of animals that hatch from an egg.

Hopefully, I will think to take pictures of all of these different activities so that I can document all of the work that my kiddo's do. I am excited to see how it all comes together! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment