Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our Egg Project...

I think they really enjoyed this project from a few weeks ago! I did every thing that I said I was going to do...plus some...and I remembered to take some pictures...so here it goes!




Here are two pictures that I took of the work that we did after we read each book...The Happy Egg and What's Inside? With our first book, The Happy Egg, one of my students was able to tell me the word hatched! We talked about what the bird could do inside the egg and outside of the egg. Of course, we had to provide actions to each of these actions...


In our second book, What's Inside?, we talked about the different animals that were listed in the book, finally arriving at the animal that was inside the egg...the goose (or gosling).


The third book that we read, Chickens Aren't the Only Ones, we talked about animals that lay eggs. I put the different animals that lay eggs on a sentence strip. Since then, I have put a picture on each sentence strip and now I need to laminate them and hole punch them and make them into a flip book for my students! They love it already! 


At the end of the day, we made our animals that came from an egg. The students started by making their eggs. Then I had found animals that came from eggs...and printed them out. I let the students choose (some like spiders, some like dinosaurs and some like fish!)...Here are some of their egg creations!


 I think they did pretty good overall making their animals from the egg! It was pretty easy to make the eggs and animals. And the students loved it!










What a busy week we had learning about animals that come from eggs!



No comments:

Post a Comment