Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday, January 22, 2012

So the third topic in getting to know me would have to be the reason why I started this blog: my classroom. The students that I have are awesome! And seeing everyone out there posting about their classroom, the chaos, the greatness that happens, I knew I could be a part of it...and every day, my students teach me something new...maybe...they will be able to teach you a thing or two too!

This year (well at this point anyway) I have a group of 15 students. A small class you say? Not in the world of Moderate to Severe special day class...another area that makes my classroom unique is that I am the only ungraded (1-6) class left in my district. Finding a happy medium to meet every one's physical, social, emotional and educational needs has been a struggle this year...as it is every year! 

I have 15 students: over half of my students are 1st or 2nd graders, two 3rd graders, one 4th grader, one 5th grader and one 6th grader. And when someone looks in my classroom, they will definitely see controlled chaos! It is how a special education teacher functions best...I think!

With all of that said: I can also say that this is one of the BEST group of kids that I have had. They definitely make me think! I am excited to share with you the projects that we have done...we had a fun Christmas party, the puppet lady came to spend time with my class, we completed our Snowmen at Night book (I will post pictures of their pages later this week) as well as we just finished our 100 day celebration! This week will be a look back at the beginning of the year so that I can catch you up! 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment