Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012

So, I am new to this whole blogging thing, but as I have started doing more things with my students, I figured I could start a new blog! What a big step. As I get started, I will tell you a little bit about myself, my students and my family...as I am sure that they will all show up on this blog eventually!

Today, I will start about me! I am a special education teacher: specifically-a moderate/severe teacher in a special day class. I am originally from Minnesota, but settled in California, and have a feeling I will be here for the majority of the rest of my life. I love it here! I love being able to visit the snow in the mountains, but return to the warmth of my house...Before I became a teacher, I was a photographer for Olan Mills...probably my true passion! I have many funny stories about photographing small children that came into my studio, their parents, and the ups and downs of said job! Each one of those stories has helped me turn into the person that I am today.

I have my masters degree (just finished it actually...)and am very happy that it is finished. I can see myself returning to school one day to get my early childhood credential...but for now that will wait!

I love scrapbooking. Trying to find time to scrapbook and liking it are two totally different things. I love to read...I am more successful at finding time to read...especially now that I have a Kindle (and if you like to read, I would definitely suggest a Kindle)!

That is enough about me for today...off to get on the treadmill! Tomorrow you will hear about my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment