Thursday, September 19, 2013

Seeing the trees in the forest...

I feel like I have so much to share...and so little time on my hands...my schedule has been CRAZY this year!

It has been rough...I am hoping to get them fully 'trained' by Christmas...but it is hard work at the beginning...But sometime...I need to see the trees in the forest...and appreciate the small things that happen each day! The small successes....here are some of them...

1. We have started to adding more rotations...We are working on stamina..it has been hard...but is getting BETTER! We are at 2 rotations in the morning, and 1 in the afternoon....next week-we are going to 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon...part of this is due to the fact that I have a full-time assistant! She is MINE! And she is great!

2.My kids are starting to play...during CHOICE time, we are building with blocks, playing with cars, playing games. They love choice. And when they interact with each other, I am successful!

3. My PE teacher told me today that my kids had the BEST DAY EVER! They have been bowling 3 weeks in a row...she has told me they will be bowling every day if they need to! Hopefully, in a few weeks, we will work for bowling...and then...something else! But for today, I will take that they had the best day EVER!

4. My kids come to school happy! They smile when they get off the bus. They greet me in the morning. They hug me as they leave.

5. My quietest student (she did not say a word in her class last year until May) sang at the top of her lungs a counting song during circle time...and smiled!

The trees...the most important part of my job is to see the trees! My definition of success is different then most...but I will take my successes no matter how small!

Thank you for listening to the thoughts of a moderate-severe teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment