Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Where has the time gone?

My last post was in February...OOPS! I planned on blogging while I was on vacation in April, but time got away from me!

I think I really enjoyed my month off...I wanted to do a short post about what is happening in my life...all that crazy stuff that you do when you are not thinking about about work...Here are some of my favorite things!

Right before I went on vacation, it was a birthday celebration!! At my boys' school, they got to dress up for it and that weekend we went to the library to celebrate!


















We went to the library again for the boys' school. They had an awesome program to help students like reading! They brought in some authors and their books...If we purchased the book, the author also signed them...We bought TWO books! Here are some pictures of one of the books...

Animal House



 




Animal House, by Candace Ryan, is so much fun! The author and illustrator have created a full set of characters to bring the book to life! My boys went back and forth between the books and the characters all afternoon!




Scary School







The second book that we purchased while there was the book Scary School, by Derek the Ghost. Scary School in our house was a GREAT read aloud...funny, interesting...a great read!










One of our new, favorite finds in the area is a painting place called PURPLE EASEL! Here is our last painting that we did....my 5 year old is very interested in adding details (you will see the eggs, and the black circle-which is the hole to the center of the earth--big fans of the Guardians)!

If  you live close (southern California) check out Purple Easel at www.purpleeasel.com.









Baseball season has started in our house! My oldest plays baseball...that is his game ball!










Baseball season in our house means CARS BASEBALL! It is a great adventure each day, with two active boys!










And finally, my vacation has been filled with these two little critters! My newest dog, Angel, was adopted on New Year's Day from the Rose Parade...you may have seen him on one of the floats (I will have to do a whole post on his story)! We also got our Guinea Pig a harness and now can bring him outside too!









So...as you can see...even though I have been out of action for a while, I have been BUSY!

But...now we are back in the swing of things! I got my students back today...and our day was GREAT! Maybe I will post about it tomorrow...but then again...maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment