Saturday, May 19, 2012

Our Valentine Craft

Another old craft time! This craft is one of my favorites...and I actually took pictures of it this year. Each year, I do a different spin on this same craft...and this year my kids got to choose between two crafts. It is fun for them, because I always use their hands...Here are the steps!
First, have your student trace their hands with their fingers spread apart. Have your student  cut out around their hand.



Bend down the middle and ring finger and glue down. Place a heart on the  fingers. This is I LOVE YOU in sign language.

This is great for a single hand. Students love this! If you have a student that is great a cutting, they can do 3 hands. Each hand will have the first letter of the words I Love You! 


For three hands. The first hand bends down all of the fingers  but the pinky. The second finger bends down the three last fingers to make and L. The last hand bends down the three middle fingers to make the Y. Put hearts on all three hands to say I LOVE YOU!

I let all of my students choose their their color of their hearts and the color for their strings to make them a banner. 

And my parents loved them! It was a fun project for my students to make and then come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment